Monday, June 16, 2008

Wolf Parade - At Mount Zoomer

Pre-Sale Delivered Today!

Well, the wait is finally over - I received my copy of At Mount Zoomer today. I'd have to say that my initial complaint with the album has been withdrawn after my first listen. As expected, the Mp3 version that I acquired months ago did not quite have the greatest sound quality. I had a hunch that was the case, but I'm relieved to hear the studio quality recording with my own ears. I guess that's the price you pay when you listen to it before its official release.

The songs are fantastic, the artwork is equally interesting, and the album as a whole should eliminate any doubt in the band's ability to follow-up Apologies. The only question I have now is why didn't they include "Things I Don't Know"? This was my favorite live song I've heard them play. I thought for sure it'd make it to the final cut. Maybe they considered it one of the songs that sounded too much like the old Wolf Parade (see Dan Boeckner's interview at Sub Pop). Who knows... maybe it'll end up as a b-side on their first single?

Listen to "Things I Don't Know" if you haven't already - this bootleg is from their August 21, 2008 show at the Showbox (Seattle).

0 comments: