Thursday, June 5, 2008

White Denim - Two New LPs Out Very Soon


I recently had the pleasure of catching a live act from Austin's most happening power-trio when they swung through Seattle. A real must-see, let me tell you. The night kicked off with a 6-song nonstop jam session that nearly melted my face clean off. These dudes really know how to get a bunch of Seattleites grooving to some funky tunes (believe me, that's no easy task). They played some new tracks off their upcoming UK full length, Workout Holiday (not be confused with the 9-song tour EP with the same title) which is set for a June 23rd vinyl and digital release on Full Time Hobby Records. All of the songs they showcased (some I'm not even familiar with) sounded great.

After the show I caught up with bassist Steve Terebecki at the merchandise table. On sale was a CD-R packaged in a paper sleeve with a simple label of "11 Songs" stamped on the front. He informed me that it's soon to be the tracklisting for their US debut LP, Exposion (no typo there) which he stated "should be released on vinyl before Workout Holiday if all goes well." All I can say is that this album fucking rocks - I can't stop playing it. Out of the 11 songs, "Heart From All Of Us", "Transparency", and "Sitting" were all surprise favorites. Look for yet again another awesome White Denim release soon...

Exposion
  1. "Don't Look That Way At It"
  2. "Transparency"
  3. "Ieieie"
  4. "WDA"
  5. "Heart From Us All"
  6. "You Can't Say"
  7. "Shake Shake Shake"
  8. "All You Really Have To Do"
  9. "All Truckers Roll"
  10. "Migration Wind"
  11. "Sitting"

0 comments: