Wednesday, December 7, 2011

[playlist] Hump Day Power Play (12-7-2011)

To help you over the hump.

So as many may know, I've joined the ranks of Corporate America, leaving behind the wonderful/terrible work schedule that accompanies graduate school. While the laboratory hours were long, schedule flexibility was amazingly redeeming.

With this recent move, however, I'm going to attempt to bring something new to Three Colours, as this change in scenery and lack of concert-going regularity have left me feeling inadequate in my posting frequency. Since I spend a large part of my day listening to Spotify Unlimited at my desk (lifesaver), I figured it'd be extremely easy to start sharing some of the playlists that I tend to make to get me through the work week. Hopefully, some of my readers are in the same boat as I, and they will think of these playlists as emergency "pick-me-ups", should the mundane be overwhelming.

I'll play around with the format of these playlists, but since today is a Wednesday, and I'm in dire need of some "motivation", I'll call this first one the "Hump Day Power Play". You need Spotify to listen to it, but I'll post the playlist below, too. I hope you enjoy it, and I hope I enjoy this format enough to keep it going. It could be fun!

So without further ado, I give you the inaugural Three Colours "Hump Day Power Play" (future name subject to change), which can be heard by simply clicking here at Spotify.

:: Hump Day Power Play (12-7-2011) ::
01 :: "Doncamatic" - Gorillaz (feat. Daley)
02 :: "In The Morning" - Junior Boys
03 :: "Midnight City" - M83
04 :: "Modegreen" - Yeasayer
05 :: "Burning" - The Whitest Boy Alive
06 :: "French Exit" - The Antlers
07 :: "The Mall & Misery" - Broken Bells
08 :: "Seven" - Fever Ray
09 :: "The Equalizer" - Junior Boys
10 :: "We Almost Lost Detroit" - Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
11 :: "Empire Ants" - Gorillaz (feat. Little Dragon)

0 comments: