Wednesday, September 12, 2012

[playlist] Hump Day Power Play (9-12-2012)

Arctic Monkeys Mix

Getting back to some hits, this week's HDPP is a collection of my favorite Arctic Monkeys tracks. It's crazy to think back to my first Monkeys concert experience in early '06. They played the "old" Crocodile in Seattle to a crowd of maybe 150 fans. I paid a mere $10 for my ticket months before the show (a friend in the UK told me I should), and by the time the day of the concert rolled around, Arctic Monkey fever had infected the States. Swarms of people were offering $100 for my ticket to the sold-out show at the door. I would have been a fool to sell it, as that night was simply magical. You could get a sense that these guys were destined for something bigger.

Interestingly, though, the band played everything off of Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not, and apparently ran out of material for an encore... Now fast forward to today; they have so much great material, I had much trouble trimming this playlist down. Hopefully my condensed version is to your enjoyment.

Stream the playlist below (or by clicking here).

:: Hump Day Power Play (9-12-2012) ::
01 :: "From The Ritz To The Rubble" - Arctic Monkeys
02 :: "Teddy Picker" - Arctic Monkeys
03 :: "My Propeller" - Arctic Monkeys
04 :: "Brick By Brick" - Arctic Monkeys
05 :: "Old Yellow Bricks" - Arctic Monkeys
06 :: "Dancing Shoes" - Arctic Monkeys
07 :: "505" - Arctic Monkeys
08 :: "The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala" - Arctic Monkeys
09 :: "Crying Lightning" - Arctic Monkeys
10 :: "Do Me A Favour" - Arctic Monkeys
11 :: "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor" - Arctic Monkeys
12 :: "Brianstorm" - Arctic Monkeys
13 :: "If You Were There, Beware" - Arctic Monkeys
14 :: "Piledriver Waltz" - Arctic Monkeys
15 :: "When The Sun Goes Down" - Arctic Monkeys
16 :: "Secret Door" - Arctic Monkeys


:: Get Spotify ::

1 comments:

Andrew Piller said...

Thanks for sharing this news. It just so much funny. Monkey's face as like lion.